Monday, May 30, 2011

A Very Expensive Enema


So for a little weekend excitement, we visited the El Camino Hospital ER on Saturday night!  My right side ache had continued over the weekend and that had cancelled our trip to my brother's house.  Early Sat. evening my left ankle and foot started swelling.  I called the doctor and got the on-call Dr. Pisani who felt concern for a blood clot since it was just swelling in one leg.  So off to the ER we went at about 9:00pm.  Long story short, an ultrasound of my left leg was negative, although the two legs looked so different from each other! The CT scan of my abdomen for the side ache showed POOP!  No kinks or obstructions in my bowels, just that they were full!  So after six hours, we were sent home with the good wishes that the CT prep would aid my in elimination, which it has!  I am going pretty regularly now, but I still have the side ache, so go figure???  I have a Drs. appt on Wed. with blood work, and chemo on Thursday so we'll see what they say about that.
Friday morning we visited John's barber, Sylvia.  My scalp was constantly throbbing from the follicles dying, so we got me a buzz!  I have to admit, it's a lot easier and the scalp stopped hurting.  I have a couple little hats so far and ordered a bunch from a catalog, so look for the girl in the bonnet!!
Thank you to the Oriental Methodist Church Shawl Ministry and our friends Donna & Jerry Luh for the beautiful prayer shawl.  The Luhs picked the yarn--the color of the conch shell--and I love it!  It's so soft to wrap around me and I feel the hugs it brings.  Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment