Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Day in the Sunshine



Yesterday John and I attended the Chemo Teach with Katie, my Oncology Research nurse at PAMF Mt View Center.  We received a binder FULL of information titled Patient Treatment Guide.  It's got answers to almost any question and a detailed calendar of my chemo schedule.  I am part of a Clinical Trial, so everything must be documented and followed per the Study.  When Katie made my calendar, she found that starting chemo next Tuesday would interfere with the week events before our daughter Jenn & Kyle's wedding August 20th, so she put in a request to the Study that I start this week.  It was approved, so that means, IV and IP ports implanted tomorrow, first day of chemo Thursday!!  I will have chemo days 1(Thurs), 2(Fri) and 8(Thurs) of each 3 week cycle, lasting 6 rounds, then 16 rounds of Avastin only.  I will share more of that stuff later as I get more familiar with it.  My other chemo drugs are Taxol and Cisplatin.
We had a tour of the Infusion Center -really modern and comfortable.  Next, was a quick trip to Dr. Chen's office behind El Camino Hospital for a follow up with his PA, Bella.  My wound is almost completely healed, only requiring a light gauze bandage.  She referred to it as a sore that lost it's scab too early!  I am good to go for ports and chemo.
This morning John and I babysat our great-nephew, Eli--he's 3 mos. today.  It's been fun watching him grow this past month and also spending time with his three siblings, Mia (9) Kai (5) and Noah (4).
After lunch John and I drove to Sawyer Camp Trail and did a VERY short walk to the first set of benches overlooking the reservoir.  I always loved walking the trail before we left to cruise.  The sun was shining and the fog was rolling over the Hwy 92 gap--it was so pretty.  Felt very normal-normal is good!
Thanks for keeping us in your prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment