Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Learning Curve for sure!

We have definitely experienced a learning the past couple days.  Friday night I experienced a "leak" out of one of the laparoscopy incisions, which meant pressure bandages applied and changed during the night.  Worse part was the nausea set in!  OMG, I don't like this at all.  I have pretty much been at the mercy of the couch all weekend, with the greatest caregivers by my side 24/7.  By Monday, I was able to shower for the first time in days!!  John took me to my check up with Bella and she helped make us a schedule of my nausea meds and scheduled steroids, etc.  I have been able to eat occasionally and when I crave something, my sister or John have cooked it right up, so a cheeseburger patty,  lasagne, biscuits, a Starbucks pumpkin scone, a baked potato, Chelsea's banana bread and Pat Lind's coffee cake.  What a diet!  Thanks for checking in, for the calls and notes.  Wish I felt like visitors but for now, I'm just going to try to sleep.  Tomorrow I have blood tests and then Thursday is IP TAXOL Chemo at 9am.  Then two week reprieve!!

 YAY! Thank you to my nephew Michael for stopping to see me and bringing me a beautiful book.  Also, I received a prayer blanket from our friend, Sharon Meegan that was made by her Prayers and Squares Group in Romona, Ca.  What a cherished gift, Thank you so much!

4 comments:

  1. It was so good to connect last night. Glad you will have a little time off. I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee you look great for all that you have been through. Glad John is able to help you through this.

    I am jealous you can eat all that fattening food. Not really! Keep up your spirits.

    Love you lots,

    Elaine and Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your looking good kiddo!!! I love this Blog, it is really a great way to let us all know what is going on....The quilt is beautiful and with all the love they put into it I am sure it will be one of the staples that you always have @ the Chemo appts.Good you will have 2 weeks off to take a break and let the meds keep working ;)Your my Hero and I love ya....Be strong and kick this *&*&$%&^*&( in the @ss!!) OOP'S can I write that on here...LOL!!!!

    Love from the AZ Crew, Anthony,Denise,Marina,Alex,Frank,Gabby and all the girl's (grand-daughters!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you always!
    Stay strong and keep up the fight!

    Love you, Natalie

    ReplyDelete